Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

+2
Central Texas
Chairman Brander
6 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 5 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:28 am

Oh oh oh ok. I see what you mean. Temp members can cross serve not Permanent. Permanent members can only serve in the GA(not as president) and on the defense council.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Nation Name : Central texas

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14961761

General Assembly Representative
Name: Rick Perry
Sex: male

Back to top Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 5 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:40 am

Someone better be keeping notes on this. Very Happy  Ok now on to these Commissioners. I assume what you are talking about is the General Assembly electing for instance a Commissioner for Interregional affairs (Secretary of state sort of thingy) and so on. For right now, while we are small, why don't we simply allow the General Secretary to handle all that stuff but reserve the right for the General Assembly to create or dissolve secretariats, or whatever you wish to call them, and appoint officers to them to "assist" the General Secretary in his duties. That way, in the future, the Assembly can implement the plan if needed but right now, while we are small, we won't be doubling up on positions when we don't really need to.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Nation Name : Confederate State of Missouri

Flag of Confederate State of Missouri

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 34921689

Name: John Danforth
Sex: Male

http://nationsoftheworld.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:43 am

OOC: I agree with that. The main point of the GS is to be a world moderator and make sure the government runs smartly,efficiently and as small as possible so sectariats should be appointed at the GA's discretion.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:55 am

OOC: SO who is the GS?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:59 am

OOC: Now i don't pretend to be an authority on how the U.N. works. Believe me, growing up in DeKalb MO (pop: 350), we didn't really discuss it in depth much in school. It was more an evil organization trying to subvert U.S. sovereignty. And at that time the E.U. was still the E.E.C. So everything I know about it I've learned from the news and wikipedia. But, considering that we only have seven members right now. And also considering that only about half the members who join the region will probably join the forum. (This is even borne out and mentioned on the main NS sight when you read about constructing regions.) For our purposes I don't see the need for regional voting blocks. I'm sure in an organization with hundreds of members probably, like the U.N., such a device is needed to keep things organized. But we could probably do things directly without any issues.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:00 am

OOC:Currently me and the AU are out of the race. So that leaves kernan CSM and the Galatians. Currently for the first Chief Justice I support that being the Galatians.

And alright CSM.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:04 am

we also have Bamivo and Del SOl, but they haven't posted in this thread yet. I assume that is why you're not counting them.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:11 am

OOC: I agree, I think we want to make government as simple as we can so people can have more fun focusing on the RP side of things as well.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:33 pm

OOC: Now currently there is only CT and the AU as candidates for the permanent seats. And there are only two seats. But we agreed on deciding the GS first right?Or are we going with the DC?. If the DC me and brander are currently assured the seats unless someone speaks up.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:44 pm

OOC: I think CSM deserves a seat on the DC because when we were in the CU he wanted to start a Defense Council and that shows me he knows what he's doing
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Nation Name : The Kingdom of Galatians

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 5 Cape_Verde

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14992123

Name: Princess Diana Kensington
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:53 pm

OOC: Between CT , the Au and CSM I think we all deserve a seat(Trying hard not to sound self-centered....) but I think I rather have CSM as the first GS and run the government. As he obviously knows how to keep it efficient and small.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm

How do you figure? Not saying you don't but I just would like to know.
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:23 pm

OOC:I generally came to the conclusion by looking at previous jobs at the CU. SO I feel that the Galatians would be the best suited for being the first chief justice. Second I feel as GS, CSM would be able to make sure the government isn't bloated, and is efficient. Also as for the DC members. I came to me and the AU by seeing the AU's political strength through the military, and as for the AU being the president before hand. Secondly I can find ways to come up with interesting solutions and I feel I can work rather well with the AU.(Being that both of us have to agree on issues. And a piece of evidence against CSM would be the bloated government comment. Saying all votes would be nay. Could show a partisan placement and could disrupt votes in the DC)
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:34 pm

OOC: Well I'm convinced. But question is when do we go back to the meeting and out of OOC. I feel like our characters are frozen or something lol
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:36 pm

OOC: Let us just assume they are taking up the details of my original plan Wink . But lets head back once we decide on the DC.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 pm

OOC: I feel I would be good at making sure everyone stays in line, at least as much as I can. Also big government makes me sick so I would always be question moves to increase it as I am sure you all know, and I am cool with any position really.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm

OOC: I feel all of us here can agree that CSM should be the GS...that's if he accepts the position. He should be here in roughly an hour. Also I believe we should act that kernan's president had to go visit his daughter. Because kernan is out for the week so we shouldn't think to count their vote for now.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm

OOC: Sounds good to me, Are we still doing permanent 3 people?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:07 pm

OOC: Right now since if we do that. It means an increase to a Seven person DC. So for now unless CSM doesn't accept the GS position, let it stay at a five person with two permanent.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 pm

ooc: sounds good.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:10 pm

OOC: Understood
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:10 pm

ooc: I just think that one of the position should go to Kensington, I know he would be a great CJ, but to start this region in the right direction, He is based in Italy, and that would add nice Diversity for the region, I mean AU and CT boarder each other.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:13 pm

OOC: In the IRL UN, Russia and China border each other. And both of them could be in Asia. So I believe we shouldn't look at where you are located. As that would basically be the regional groupings I made. Plus I feel the galatians would be the best for the Court since he is rather independent. And the rest of us are biased in some way. Such as CSM being a bit low government. Then kernan being possibly More government.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:17 pm

ooc: I am just saying for a a little while Why don't me and Kensington, switch spot, then when we get a few more nations and may had a third we will add me back and another to make three. I can not stand for letting two nations who cover maybe 10% of the earth be the 2 main advisors.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 pm

OOC: But then he couldn't be the CJ. Which is where I believe he will help most. Though I think him and CSM should be the first added new DC members once we get enough nations.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next