Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

+2
Central Texas
Chairman Brander
6 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 18 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:59 am

Do we not know the GA, THE DC THE WCJ?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 18 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:00 am

OOC: We have yet to make an official list of powers and make their articles. And we still have to decide limits in some of those.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Nation Name : Central texas

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14961761

General Assembly Representative
Name: Rick Perry
Sex: male

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:06 am

Chairman Brander wrote:I do not think we need a list of laws to run the world. Why can we not come here, say our problems and then discuss and allow the councils in charge to decide what is correct?
Because if we do this then the regional government will simply be making laws up as it goes along anyway. It would be something like this, "The AU is slaughtering thousands of members of the church of bigtopia because they don't worship in the Church of Amero. We appeal to the NOTW to intervene." Then there will be a huge heated debate because the government has no guidelines to follow about what it believes is right and wrong. Some people will argue that every person has the right to believe what they want, others will argue for national sovereignty. In the end a decision will have to be made. So I personally believe we might as well settle this here and now. Is this organization merely a peacekeeping body and views the citizenry of the nations who belong to it as resources and cannon fodder or does it actually give a damn about the people of the world?
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Nation Name : Confederate State of Missouri

Flag of Confederate State of Missouri

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 34921689

Name: John Danforth
Sex: Male

http://nationsoftheworld.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:29 am

Danforth stood once again, "Then how about we amend the bill as follows."

1. Every human being has the inherent right to life. This right shall be protected by law. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of their life.

2. In countries which have not abolished the death penalty, sentence of death may be imposed only in accordance with the law in force at the time of the commission of the crime and can only be carried out pursuant to a final judgement rendered by a competent court.

"This would prevent governments from running about like the Red Queen saying off with their head arbitrarily. I also changed the male pronoun just in case"
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:34 am

"Central Texas agrees with this current wording of right one."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Delegate Danforth rises, "Once again the Confederate State of Missouri proposes that to speed this along, and allow this body to attend to other matters, we appoint a committee to draft a proposed charter which can then be reviewed by the body as a whole and any needed changes made."
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm

The AU agrees
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:51 pm

"This seems to be a proper proposal to me. The UCR agrees."
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Nation Name : The United Confederal Republics (UCR)

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 18 The_free_and_true_republic_of_the_people__75966

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 22037073

Name: Gelar Baganu

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:15 pm

"CT agrees. So I suggest that the permanent members of the DC. The country involved with the GS. And an elected member from the others form this committee. With 3/4 agreements to pass it from the committee."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 pm

OOC: can you explain the structure a little more
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:44 pm

OOC: Well he wants a committee. So just take three of the top holder countries. Which are me and you. And CSM holding the GS character. So then we should make it fair to everyone else and have them elect someone. This person could also be the GA president. To save time. But onto the matter of fact. Any who. This guys will have small debates about each issue. With CSM acting more of a Convention president and giving out proposed drafts. Then we debate and add amendments. And to make sure everything is ok and good. We base it off three votes out of the four to pass a draft.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 am

OOC: I was thinking of something a little smaller. If we go with the above it really isn't much smaller than what we are doing now. The document the committee comes up with will still be open to revision when it is presented. So I was thinking pick someone that seems left of center ( Or as close as we have to that ), someone who seems right of center, and a centrist. I think this would give a good political balance to the committee and a smaller group will get things done quicker.

The AU and CSM seem to be our most right leaning members, I think. Galatians and UCR seem to be our most centrist, once again IMO. Central Texas seems to be the closest thing we have to a left leaning member ( Mind you CT I'm not calling you a Commie or Democrat, perhaps a progressive conservative?)
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:37 am

OOC: That would describe me a bit well. But bear in mind that I don't express my actual views here for the most part.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:54 am

OOC: unless it's RP related lol
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Nation Name : The Kingdom of Galatians

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 18 Cape_Verde

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14992123

Name: Princess Diana Kensington
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 am

I would say I am based in the middle besides economics, I am pro business's and usually try to stay away from the social issues that I feel should be left to the courts not government.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:39 pm

OOC; The thing is that makes the court legislate on the bench. And I rather not have activist judges.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:10 pm

OOC: Let's not get into a political debate here. We have other forums for that! Wink
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 18 The_free_and_true_republic_of_the_people__75966

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:14 pm

OOC: Alright......so basically me, the CSM(Only because the AU in my opinion will keep arguing over the declaration. Which will stall completion. So he can argue all he wants against it when the final version is shown). And then UCR.(Because I don't wish for the Galatians to base of his interpretations of the constitution on what it was at first meant to say. Just in a case a court case such as that comes up)
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:04 pm

OOC: Is everyone OK with that?
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:01 pm

OOC: I'm fine with it
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Nation Name : The Kingdom of Galatians

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 18 Cape_Verde

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14992123

Name: Princess Diana Kensington
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:22 pm

OOC: I'm good with it.
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:06 am

OK, I'll go ahead and allow another day for any objection then we'll create a new thread and hopefully get this thing knocked out. Cool 
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:42 am

So, there are no objections. Let's get this started. I'll make an initial post with what we have actually gotten done so far.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18