Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

+2
Central Texas
Chairman Brander
6 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 11 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:05 pm

OOC; But it should be the overrall budget. Since that gives a better picture of the nation. And is it me or is everyone here always going for the easy way? Also a flat tax is something of a one world government. Not a an international organization. So it should be on donations. Though the GA can make a mandate about the minimum amount a nation must donate. And this is a case where it is better to use the bigger side of things. While for the Market Game you can just keep it to the commerce budget(Not even shown in CSM"s website) for general rp purposes it should be the whole of government budgets. As that allows for more rp and for more detail.

Last edited by Central Texas on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Central Texas
Central Texas

Nation Name : Central texas

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14961761

General Assembly Representative
Name: Rick Perry
Sex: male

Back to top Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 11 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:08 pm

I think that is to large, if that was the case then I would have over 330 million pounds of gold or asset value when I have now from the commerce budget only 59 million pounds worth.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Like I said. Keep the Market Game separate from RP in general. Since you can still have it. But I think it is better to use the whole of government budget's to provide more rp. And give more realistic budget's....
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:16 pm

I get that you feel that way but you have not said why?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:23 pm

OOC:Look at this point both systems have their uses. But I feel my system is better fitted for rp. The reason why is this. It allows for greater rp usage since it USES all of the government budget. Like a real nation would.....
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:28 pm

That is fine, if you want to I guess change a government budget but it does not make any sense why someone can just grab money from every budget, I really do not understand why you feel your system works. I mean your budgets are your budget and your reserves are your reserves. I mean you have a budget, but no wealth in your nation. I mean does your nation not have anything worth keeping locked up of value. With you think I would go in and change my budgets in so many ways that would just make no point. I mean with my system you can have saving account of some sort known as your nations wealth.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:31 pm

OOC; But you can also create a surplus with budget's...if you play your cards right....so in a sense both create money.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Yes, like I can make it so I have no import and 100 exports, thats just dumb.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:34 pm

OOC: But yours is more for smaller scaled rp. Such for a leader or the higher ups of a nation. Mine is for the nation as a whole. And that is where the true assessment of a nation's weatlh is.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:36 pm

I understand it, but even if we use your system as well, wouldn't it help to have a bank set up for your nation and the amount of reserve you have could come from that number, it is a way to assign money without making up numbers
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 pm

But CSM's website provides the trade deficit each nation has. So in a sense I can agree with you there. But it isn't making up money. And at some point we are going to have to take the hard way and make up some things.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:58 pm

What do you mean, the commerce budget become multiple things with my system?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:19 pm

OOC: What I mean is I can see our two systems coming together. Such as whether the government is spending below or above what it has. Can be a factor on what it has in it's reserves.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Well, truthfully when you come down to it, dollars just spring to existence out of thin air because they are backed by nothing but faith in the U.S. government. when the U.S. wants to inflate the currency it prints less when it wants it to deflate it prints more.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Nation Name : Confederate State of Missouri

Flag of Confederate State of Missouri

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 34921689

Name: John Danforth
Sex: Male

http://nationsoftheworld.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:30 pm

OOC; Why don't we just make this a separate thread and get back to the charter Wink
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:35 pm

We are here to discuss the world of nations topics, this is a topic. That is why with the gold, It give something to value something at-least. With you saying the business section boose, I can run everyones numbers and if we agree three months is a cycle. If gold goes down 10%, my gold supply is now worth only 90 percent of what it used to be.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:37 pm

I mean we can really have somewhat of a real economy based of the real world for our countries, thats pretty cool I think.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:39 pm

OOC; I think we should have an RP based economy and get away from the real world. But again this is for the charter. So let's finish up the charter. And go back to our debate on this.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Ok Me and Boose have the economy set up under control, we can move on
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:47 pm

OOC:I hope you will present this idea to everyone in the Open discussion forum or some place....
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:12 am

May I say something?
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Nation Name : The Kingdom of Galatians

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 11 Cape_Verde

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14992123

Name: Princess Diana Kensington
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:12 am

OOC: By all means
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:27 am

I really do like the market game. But I do want this to be as realistic as possible. We don't want this to be too complicated to where people just don't want to do anything. Like right now I don't think Galatians will have a military on the offsite forum because there is just alot to do with that. I understand you want something challenging but there is a level. Also guys remember that guys there are others who have ideas and its not always about what you guys want. Lastly, CT you are extremely smart for 15.

Last edited by Winston Kensington on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Nation Name : The Kingdom of Galatians

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 11 Cape_Verde

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14992123

Name: Princess Diana Kensington
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 am

all good thoughts
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:35 am

OOC: Well I have plans to go work for NASA some day. So I kinda have to be smart....So thanks...But I feel we don't want things to be too easy as well. So I feel we need to work towards a middle ground between the market game and the more nation based economy.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next