Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

+2
Central Texas
Chairman Brander
6 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 17 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:51 am

"That depends on whether we give free speech or not. But if someone has the right to religion they can practice whatever religion they want without free from their nation."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Nation Name : Central texas

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14961761

General Assembly Representative
Name: Rick Perry
Sex: male

Back to top Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 17 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:54 am

"so you are saying if someone wanted to stat their own regligion or practice a religion in the AU, you would give them consent over the Government and Church of Amero."
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:57 am

"No, sir. We are not talking about specific rights. We do not necessarily have the right to freedom of religion. I personally do not find it necessary to be enumerated here, but in each of our individual nations. What I am saying by this preamble is a limitation upon ourselves, that the Nations of the World cannot grant rights to one nation but deny them to another."
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Nation Name : The United Confederal Republics (UCR)

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 17 The_free_and_true_republic_of_the_people__75966

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 22037073

Name: Gelar Baganu
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:57 am

"What I am saying is that they could practice it freely. Without worrying about being arrested or killed over it. Plus they wouldn't ask us. It's more of an automatic thing. But the question about whether they are tax-exempted is another thing that the AU can decide."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:01 am

OOC: Brander I'm confused. So the church of Amero is the only religion in Amero?
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Nation Name : The Kingdom of Galatians

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 17 Cape_Verde

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14992123

Name: Princess Diana Kensington
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:02 am

OOC: And the Church can decide whether other religions can exist?
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:04 am

I do not think we need a list of laws to run the world. Why can we not come here, say our problems and then discuss and allow the councils in charge to decide what is correct?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:07 am

"It sounds as if the only thing you desire here is a world court to settle disputes."
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 17 The_free_and_true_republic_of_the_people__75966

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:09 am

"But the job of the NOTW is also to united the world. And protect people...and solve their problems. So I recommend that the stop the attempt at stopping the bill of rights or whatever we are calling it from passing. So why don't we decide the rights already and move on and get this thing done!"
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:13 am

"Hold on. Allow him to speak his peace. I am not in favor of ignoring anyone's opinion."
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:16 am

Because every nation is different. There should not be a right or a code of laws to tell each nation how they must form their communities. The whole point here is to protect nations. Not the people. Lets remember we allow the nations to have the responsibility to direct their own citizens. This is not a world government, this is a world alliance to help protect each other, and when we sit here, we are not people, we are one large person, known as nation.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:19 am

"I believe the true reason we are here is to protect the people. And in order to do that the nations. This isn't a world government. But it needs to protect the rights of citizens. Because if we don't then that makes us less human! So we are here to protect the people and the nations. And in my opinion the people come first. That is why we are making a bill of rights. To protect the people of the world from oppressive governments."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:24 am

"In my nation, we hold a belief. That belief is that our nation is of the people and for the people. Therefore, I cannot think of myself as representing my nation, but the people who make up that nation. My people. I had believed that the Amero Union was similar in that thinking." Gelar paused for a moment. "I ask this question of anyone in this room: Is there any human right that each and every one of our nations holds in common?"
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:29 am

"In CT we have the right to free speech, religion, assembly, petition, the right to bear arms. The right to a trial by jury and a lawyer with the right to appeal. The need to have a search warrant. And protection from unreasonable searches. And protection from unusual and harsh punishments or fines. To name a few. But I believe that we should make rights on our instead of looking to our nations."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:39 am

The Amero Union rep takes off his glasses and leans back in his chair. He looks around the room.

" The point is gentlemen the true fact that allows you to those rights that you believe it is your nation who chooses those expressions. How can someone hold something so dear that another holds so far and with disgust. Think about it. The AU believes in allowing people to express their feelings and beliefs but to give such a gross privilege, such a large gift of authority, how could any nation progress without dealing with endless diversions. Asking for this to be allowed would be the same has Princess D, over there and her other royal members to allow their people to elect who gets the prettiest diamonds in nation, not blood. If that statement is wrong please allow me to understand how."
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:48 am

"Look it's either we go your way. And we don't include this bill which may I add has already been voted for by the majority of us. And people suffer at the hands of it's nation and the NOTW can't do nothing about it. Due to the AU thinking we are here to represent the nations not the people! Plus we have yet to choose these rights. So whats the point of arguing over whether they are too big or too small if we don't know them! So I rather keep my humanity and make sure all of humanity can lead happy lives. So let us choose what we want for rights. but be clear whether they are too big or small...."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:55 am

The AU leader looks over at the rep. from central texas, he slams his glasses on the desk.

" The AU has always stood for protecting the people, for making sure no one goes with out water,food,shelter and all other necessities. We do not describe each nation as they are some kind of company or profit making slot machine CT. We understand however that when you start growing the ever reaching arm of authority that you bring her friend order with her. We here at AU feel that this disrespect, and low expectations for governments to keep measures above water disappoints the AU.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:59 am

"Looking we are just stating this nation this rights. And if they don't then they get some sanctions against them. Surely that isn't too big of an arm! So I suggest we move forward and decide these rights FIRST. Then decide whether we are pushing our agenda too much. How does that sound?"
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:01 am

" Honestly it sounds like someone who is scare to talk about the problems sitting right in front of them, we are shaping this place, lets shape it right."
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am

"And to it sounds like someone is trying to get their agenda passed without listening to everyone else...and we are shaping it right WITH A BILL OF RIGHTS!"
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:07 am

" Yea I am the bad guy by making the process longer and making sure we all know what we are signing."

The AU rep. leaned back whispered something in Amerish to his associate. Both laughing and pointing at the ct rep.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:10 am

At this point Perry was at his breaking point.
"I am not saying you are the bad guy. I am just saying you have yet to provide VALID reasons to your arguments on why we shouldn't have this Bill of Rights. And if it's so bad for the nations how is it so bad for the people? Who this is all directed at may I remind you."

OOC: Just to let you know Brander Perry is in the lead for the Democratic nomination for president. And Current Polls show a really close race.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:36 am

Gelar sat back listening to the argument between the two men grow more and more heated. He knew that the Amero Union and Central Texas bordered with each other and even both held seats on the Defense Council, but he had no idea that such enmity existed between the two nations. Finally, Gelar had enough.

"GENTLEMEN!" he shouted, "As you have both said many times today, we are here for the sakes of our peoples, whom we are representing. Yet both of you seem to carry on as if this is a personal matter between the two of you. Now, perhaps we can continue this meeting with the decorum and professionalism our people deserve. If need be, we can broach another topic and return to this one. But if we cannot work together, then perhaps this meeting should be adjourned to give time for cooler heads to prevail?"
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:39 am

The AU rep. stood up and said with an angerish tone, " I agree that we should let our national leader take this meeting over and we shall stop until they take over"
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:43 am

"I actually disagree. I mean we will for years to come have to work things out on our own. So we might as well start now. So how about we just move onto a less diverse topic. Such as the GA, DC, And WCJ. And the process for amending. How does that sound?
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next