Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

+2
Central Texas
Chairman Brander
6 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 9 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:47 pm

"Another could be to solve the world's problems."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Nation Name : Central texas

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14961761

General Assembly Representative
Name: Rick Perry
Sex: male

Back to top Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 9 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:53 pm

doesn't this pretty much say that

To achieve international cooperation in solving worldwide problems of economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character;

what other kind of problems are there?
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Nation Name : Confederate State of Missouri

Flag of Confederate State of Missouri

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 34921689

Name: John Danforth
Sex: Male

http://nationsoftheworld.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:58 pm

"Scientific...."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:00 pm

added.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:01 pm

"I no longer have any problems."
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:37 pm

so are we using the Market game NOTW fund to help with the economic problems, because I am not to sure what economic problems this organization would get involved in in the first place and If they do not have money what could they do?

Which by the way the NOTW fun has over 23 billion in it.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:40 pm

OOC:We should just think the Market Fame NOTW is just a showcase thing and not part of rp problems. Plus I believe he means like economic depressions. Like it could form a special task force which could advise governments how it could fix the problem. Also this organization would be based on donations. From the nation(I don't think the market game can be used for this. Since it is the leader's account). So let's say CT donates 25 billion. This 25 billion is used to fund departments and such.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:44 pm

The market game is you change your commerce budget into some sort of real world value besides money. Like gold, then you make a national bank which holds your assets reserves. THEN, if you decide to join the part of giving your leader a gift of wealth, that tax goes to the world market fund, I will not be just throwing billions of Amero Dollars away in donations. Where would this money even come from if you dont create a national bank.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:59 pm

The economic issues could just come in as an RP thing. For instance Kernan, which has a history of being the most troubled nation it has been my privilege to know, could easily fall upon hard times as the result of yet another revolution. The Nations of the World could then decide to offer the nation some sort of RP help in the form of humanitarian aid to get Kernan back on it's feet. Or suppose one of the member nations had some sort of devastating natural disaster that severely damaged it's economic ability?
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:06 pm

That is fine for me, but wouldn't it be nice to have some where to take that money from, so we do not just go off giving people billions upon billions and then what does it even mean. With the NOTW fund created by the " Market game helps with that situation" I understand it is a rp issue so in the first article make it in bold so it is know. And like at the CU you had to make a fact book. To be able to role play you should have a national bank and characters wealth. I have no problem running the numbers for people and it is not really hard at all. The MC system is far more complexed and time consuming. Just saying Shocked 
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Currently I don't think the NOTW market game has any place in RP. I rather you calculate the amount of tax dollars you have. Based on the US percentage of income. Like this percentage of people in the us pay blah blah. Plus the NS page does give you a tax number. So I'm pretty sure we can just do that. And then that is your government's budget. And then(Defense has to be the same percentage as the NS page says it is.) you can mae your government's budget. And try to make a surplus. That way you can make donations to NOTW. In which it pays the GS, CJ. And it's commissions and it's peace keeping missions.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Dude like I said the game makes a lot of sense if you give it a chance and if you do not want to partake then you do not have to.

Taking the Commerce budget and creating it into gold or you can even invest in a company's stock if you want. It allows for rp to somewhat touch the outside financial world and current events as well as giving your leader some wealth. If you do not want to buy a lot of taxes do not give your leader a lot of money. Also no in role play I have a place where Amero holds over 58 million pounds of gold and that really makes me have more fun when I try to pretend my nation is real for good rp. Also when I want to give a gift to another leader from my character. It mean a tiny but more then nothing, which is what it means when you dont use it.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:29 pm

OOC: It's just my opinion. So I rather we just use my and your system. As your system provides more of chance of making money. While mine provides more RP detail when it comes to economic stuff. Plus that is a commerce budget not a government budget. Each country should make some donation to the NOTW.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:32 pm

My friend Kensington rp royal family just gave about 23 billion to the fund in taxes, If I was him I would never donate again lol, let the people use what they want i guess.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:36 pm

OOC: Well what if the NOTW sets up a kind of UNICEF. It would need money! But it can't just rp money. So each nation should be obligated to give some money. And you can find out a proper(Not an market Game. Which is more of a show things off kind of thing. And just is there to show off the most money. Even you have stated it doesn't show the actual wealth of a nation. So it makes more sense with my governmental budget idea.) amount of money a nation holds.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Gentlemen what you are butting up against now is that the two of you enjoy role playing in different ways, Brander prefers a more personal, individual, approach which is why he likes playing tycoon with his leader. The Market game is great for that. It's a good representation of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

However, Central Texas is trying to roleplay a nation which is quite different in scope. President Obama is a salaried employee of the U.S. government. The United States doesn't transfer huge sums of it's budget to him so he can fund the United Nations. Funding for that organization comes from donations from it's member states which come from taxes. which is also way some ultra conservatives have suggested withdrawing from it.

So, what we need to do is come up with a way to do both which will remain separate from each other and not impact each other. The market game will remain the market game. Funding for NotW will remain funding for it. Neither's deductions count in the other's universe.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 pm

ooc: Wait so the fund still represent the fund for the NOTW?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:01 pm

and the gifting to the leader is not making my leader seem like he just was given tons of money, it just a way to start off a leaders wealth or a characters wealth, when I am done with Mr. Brander I will pass it to another character and be taxed again but I will probably never have to gift again because I can keep passing down the vast wealth like major families do.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:04 pm

OOC:Like I said just use both. But for general RP of the government us my governmental budget idea. I can get the the percentages and make a thread later tonight.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:05 pm

and what is yours exactly
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:07 pm

Once again this could be simply done with NSTracker. You can decide on there how much you want to spend on all areas of your budget through the settings.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Yea but how are we going to go off something you can reset in the matter of seconds. I mean I could make my military 40,000,000 strong in a few minuets, I say we go off real numbers here guys
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:52 pm

I'm having this huge sense of deja vu. Very Happy 

Well, here's one you can't edit

http://nsdossier.texasregion.net/nsdossier/main.aspx?nation=The%20Confederate%20State%20of%20Missouri
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:01 pm

OOC: While I may not allows enjoy the easy way. I think I like this one. Since it doesn't give military(Which would mean my system can still be used). But I suggest you just have the total government budget. And then you can personalize your budget anyway you wish. As long as you keep the defense the same.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:04 pm

And you can not edit these numbers can you, like these are your nations true facts correct? And what budget do you want to go off of?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next