Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our history

3 posters

Go down

Our history Empty Our history

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:59 pm

I think it is about time we figure out what our worlds moisture and present looks like. Nations that are not filled by a member are what? Are they still what they would be today which would at to a great amount of role plays or are the vacant waste lands? How did we get jot this point? Should each member have to write a history how their nation has come about?

Let me know?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

Our history Empty Re: Our history

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 pm

I think the answer about whether they exist or not is answered very easily. Since plots are permanent we can just handle it like this. Unclaimed plots. Can be changed to Non-NOTW member plots. Meaning an applicant nation would say. Hey our government runs this area. We are interested in becoming an NOTW nation. And then just make a article in the charter stating. NOTW nations shall make no contact with non-NOTW nations.(This would only apply to rp here on the forums). And while this may seem a bit over extending on the national soverignity side of things. Just bear in mind it's only for RP. And this stops nations like NCR from forcing a certain RP onto someone when they officially claim the plot. And stops awkward things if that person says. Yeah hey....this RP is void...so please erase anything related to it's existence thanks! And we should create an overall regional history before we each make our own. Cause.....they tend to extremely conflict with each other...
Central Texas
Central Texas

Nation Name : Central texas

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14961761

General Assembly Representative
Name: Rick Perry
Sex: male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:35 am

What ?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:08 pm

(Sorry my train of thought just leaves people confused alot...)

Ok in simple turns. In the charter just state. That NOTW members may not have contact in ANYWAY with non-NOTW nations. Or else they face punishment. This only applies to RP not NS. That means the there are nations in those plots. But the NOTW just doesn't have relations with them.

But on our history. Every nation should make a brief history if anything. But in order to do this you gotta make a overall regional history......since well a nation's history could conflict in their place in the world....and another nation's history.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Yes but would it not be more fun to allow the areas remaining unfurled to act as computer players almost of a sort so nations can have role plays about them. I mean some people may have very interesting stories that may just be written solely by then. I think it would be interesting for me to have a meeting with china or your know other nations until they are filled. Now if I had a relationship with china, their military and stuff would mean nothing to me when it comes to battles between other members but I think it would make doe great conflicts and role plays.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:18 pm

The thing is. This creates.....an awkward RP thing. We want as many RP's as possible to be valid. And doing it your way. Creates this unfair deal that a player never wanted. So it creates an awkward happening did it ever happen? Did it happen and now this new player is stuck with it? It just creates awkward situations. Also we want to encourage player based RP's only. Or else people might be bored and just do computer RPs.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:34 am

Sorry I have not been around guys I have just finished my first week back and have a shit load of classes. But I will be on all weekend into Monday night
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 am

I've been thinking about it and I really don't see the need for common world history any longer. Those of us clustered together Like the CSM, CT, and AU might want to develop a common history of sorts but those in other areas I think it would be better in the long run to develop their own histories.

In a region with the scope we are trying to make here having a common interlocked history for all the nations would be like China, France, and the U.S. having a common interlocked history. In a region with a world scope it only makes sense that some nations should have a longer, richer history than others.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Nation Name : Confederate State of Missouri

Flag of Confederate State of Missouri

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 34921689

Name: John Danforth
Sex: Male

http://nationsoftheworld.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Whether we like it or not....a world history is needed...as alll counties have a common background...
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down