Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

+2
Central Texas
Chairman Brander
6 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 10 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:07 pm

OOC: There is a governmental budget tab on the top right. Where you can see the whole budget. I rather that is your budget amount. But you can edit like money goes to health Care instead of public transport. But Defense must stay the same. Because remember we are just using the NS page as a guild line mostly.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Nation Name : Central texas

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14961761

General Assembly Representative
Name: Rick Perry
Sex: male

Back to top Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 10 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:09 pm

I think if these are your facts they should be your facts, I would like to lower my defense a little but that is something i will have to work on smartly and correctly over time.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:12 pm

OOC:Keep in mind this is to make sure I don't mess up when I update the military credits for nations. Also you don't need to spend all your military credits. So if you wish to lower your defense you have to do in NS.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14 pm

I do not think you should be aloud to use numbers that have setting changing ability, that just pointless, why build a nation and choose issues.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:16 pm

OOC: I believe the system in which CSM gave us can't be changed by the person directly. It is subject to the issues in NS though. As is my war system. Since it relies on the population and the economic and defense factors as well.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:22 pm

So we agree for all things involving role plays or anything, we base off real numbers that can not be changed.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:24 pm

OOC: We base it off the numbers from the website CSM gave us. And we do allow people to change the budget as they desire except for the defense.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:25 pm

I do not agree with that so we do not do anything at the moment.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:32 pm

OOC; The numbers the website gives are rather realistic. And is easy to access. But I rather people be allowed to change the budget excluding defense. That way if they wish to spend more money on a certain thing they can. But they might run more a deficit. This is due to the fact people like to change budget's without waiting around for issues. And the reason i think defense is to be left. Is that I have to deal with watching role plays and people's fact-books to see if they change their defense. Also it allows some nations who should have a smaller defense budget to create like a 97% defense budget.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Those settings are a completely different site then nationtates.net Changing your settings on one page does not change the true facts of what your nation is. That is done by the issues you select. I will not vote in favor of fake numbers, that to me is god modding. I mean how can you just change stuff with the snap of a finger.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:35 pm

You can use the base budget shown there and alter percentages, if you wish in your factbook here. If someone edits a post at least I can see it, I think everyone else can also.

OK, I'm editing this post. At the bottom I can always see a thing that says "Last edit blah, blah, blah" does everyone else?
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Nation Name : Confederate State of Missouri

Flag of Confederate State of Missouri

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 34921689

Name: John Danforth
Sex: Male

http://nationsoftheworld.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:37 pm

OOC; Though I believe we need to exclude defense. Since that should remain fixed. Unless changed via an NS issue. And bear in mind brander. I am saying you can change it only here. With everyone else seeing it. You have to roleplay it up. Like adding new military units. You gotta rp it.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:38 pm

what?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:39 pm

There are no settings on that site. The only way to "change things" would be to post a factbook entry to the effect here.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:39 pm

PICK THE RIGHT ISSUES TO DIRECT YOU YOUR NATION IN WHAT DIRECTION YOU WANT TO GO THEN THATS HOW YOU SHOULD HAVE TO DO IT

I do not do my issues all the time and read them through to just be able to god mod my budgets
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:41 pm

OOC; Basically while on the website he showed us. You can't alter those percentages. But as long as to edit here. Through an rp post. It should be fine. Excluding defense due to me having to deal with it when updating MC counts. Also bear in mind instead of updating though a simple edit. Just make a news article about your legislature making the yearly government budget. Also it would be god modding if it was defense. Since it is really the only thing that can affect rp. You are just moving around the money from one area to another. Not adding more.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Ok that is fine I guess, but I still think the market game help us create a national reserve and character wealth and a NOTW fund. So I can make peoples national banks but I feel that is a major detail we should all take advantage of. I know I am repeating this over and over but i FEEL atleast the National reserve of wealth is worth something. I mean for instance if you are losing money over all, what wealth does any of our nations really hold?
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:44 pm

I think what he's saying is we should play the stats straight, not alter the % at all even via factbook entry. If you want to bring down your military budget then do it through issues which will later be reflected on the site.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:45 pm

EXACTLY!!!
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:48 pm

OOC; I feel that commerce budget is basically the buy wallet of a government. So I don't see a point of a bank there. Rather we should use this for banks. and keep it separate from the market Game which is more of gift giving thing. Also if you make the wrong decision in NS you can lose money. So you can lose money in both systems. So why don't we get back to the charter for now. I suggest CSM create a separate thread called the Government Budget's thread? Does that sound good to everyone? Also CSM I am against a fact book entry. Since you can just edit those. You should need a news station reporting on your nation saying it changed the government's budget for blah blah.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:51 pm

CSM and anyone else how do you feel about this really, I mean I just think commerce seeing how much you nation wants to buy or invest, like gold, is perfect to start a gold reserve.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:54 pm

OOC; But remember brander that is too much of a personalized commerce. Remember we are nations so in games we should act like them.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Yes, that is why for example I still have 58 million pounds of gold in my reserves, that is my nations gold reserves, Kensington was able to officially assign a worth on his royal family, it makes good sense. And I mean we need a place to gain some money for the NOTW organization, and with this system we have created 23 billion already, and it was not fake money, it actually as a place where it came from!!
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:58 pm

OOC; But I feel we should rp more with the website CSM gave us. Since those numbers make more sense for a nation in my opinion. I mean it can still be a game and all. But contributions should come from a nation's government budget. Not it's national reserve.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 pm

With my system there is no need for contributions, we have one flat tax that makes more then enough money, why would we use a combined government budget? Atleast with my system it is from one department budget small quick and easy.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next