Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union

2 posters

Go down

President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union Empty President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union

Post by Scott Carson Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:44 pm

President Carson was woken from his slumber by the jolt of his jet landing on the tarmac. Carson always hated these long flights across the Pacific, but they were necessary as the United Confederal Republics were somewhat isolated from the rest of the world. He stood up and made his way to the forward exit.

Carson was excited to work with Chairman Brander. He had only met the man once before, when Scott had accompanied his father -- the previous president -- on state business, but this was to be Scott's first official meeting with the man. He had much to discuss, the most pressing business being trans-Pacific trade. Carson walked down the stairs and set foot upon Amero Union soil.
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Nation Name : The United Confederal Republics (UCR)

President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union The_free_and_true_republic_of_the_people__75966

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 22037073

General Assembly Representative
Name: Gelar Baganu
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union Empty Re: President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union

Post by Chairman Brander Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:18 pm

President Carson was welcomed by the chairman who was standing icon a green carpet lined up with the planes stairs. He had be excited to have the President make his way to the AU and the people of Amero even came out to cheer and greet the meeting of two of the worlds top leaders

The chairman waited and once he was near President Carson, stuck out his hand, " Welcome Scott, I hope the trip over here was not to much trouble."
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union Empty Re: President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union

Post by Scott Carson Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:28 am

Scott took the chairman's hand. "The flight was uneventful. I just do not like planes in general." Carson looked around at all the people gathered and stood with Brander for a moment so that the local press corps could get their publicity shots in. "I must say," Carson continued, "You people sure know how to make a man feel welcome." Carson laughed deeply, all the tension from his flight suddenly gone.
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union The_free_and_true_republic_of_the_people__75966

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:03 am

While waving and posing for pictures the chairman leaned over and said, " The people of the AU have great respect for world leaders for the most part. Plus many of the people here are my supporters, I do have election to in a few weeks and am trying to become the first 3 term chairman"
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:16 am

"Well, I wish you all the luck in the world. My father speaks very highly of you." Behind Carson, two security guards walked down the stairs from the jet. Scott didn't like to travel with a lot of security. He was a people's man and found that too many guards interfered with his duties as a representative of the people. Besides, Carson didn't fear for his safety. Unlike his father, Scott always carried his own gun inside his suit jacket pocket. "Shall we go then?"
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:37 pm

The two men made their way into the Chairmans motorcade. The motorcade starting moving out of the airport as the people waved their hands and the unions flag.

The motorcade made its way to The Union building and when they arrived more people were waiting out front of the main gates. The gates opened and the motorcade moved in. When arriving to the main entrance two fully dressed military guards waited for the two leaders. As the Chairmans doors opened they both slammed their feet to the floor and saluted the chairman. Both screaming loudly, " Long live the Union! "
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:45 am

Carson nodded to the two men. "Gentlemen, I'm sure your country is very proud of you and thanks you for your service." Scott had always had a strong respect for military men, having served in the UCR's Home Guard as an officer for eight years. Had it not have been for his decision to run for office, Scott may have made a lifelong career out of it.

He looked around at the luxury of the Union Building. Suddenly, he felt somewhat intimidated. Scott was only 30 years old, and unmarried. As it was, he felt inexperienced in the company of the man walking beside him. He spoke up to hide his sudden nervousness. "How long have you served as Chairman?" Of course, Scott already knew the answer to that, but it seemed an appropriate way of making conversation.
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:29 am

While walking the chairman without moving his head said, 12 years, "in the AU each chairman serves a 6 year term. And because we believe in giving our people what they want, a chairman has no limit on how long they may serve in the office. No chairman in the AU has ever gone three terms, and I plan on being the first."

The AU people favor Chairman Brander extremely high, especially after promising the people to elect a Father of the people to represent the churches highest figure.

The men made their way to the main conference room and the chairman directed his hand as to let Carson know where to enter.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Carson entered the conference room and sat where the chairman pointed to. One of his men came up behind him and set down a laptop computer and a briefcase on the table. "Thank you, Gregor," said Scott. He opened the briefcase and pulled out a few files. "Shall we start?"
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:43 pm

"We shall"
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:36 pm

"I would like to discuss several matters with you, chief among them being a trans-Pacific trade agreement between our too agreements." Carson pulled a map from his briefcase at this point. "Here is a simplified map of current trade routes across the Pacific."

President Carson's First State Visit to the Amero Union Main_shipping_routes_eastern_pacific

"As you can see, very few trade routes exist between our nations. Those that do are plagued by a growing pirate problem in international waters. I understand that this is not just a localized occurrence, but has been a growing problem worldwide. Therefore, I propose that we forge a new free-trade agreement between ourselves to stimulate our economies, as well as a joint naval group with the sole purpose of suppressing pirates in international waters."
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:51 pm

" it is about time we make more trade passages for our nations to help stimulate each others economies as well as help bring luxuries and cultural items to each of out nation. I think the problem with pirates could be solved with assembling a group but instead of making one joint group. Why not allow my coast guards or navy protect our side of the trade ways and yours can protect your side, as if we do a clean handoff at the half waypoint. I feel the amount of time it would take to put together such a joint group would take far more men and resources then we need to do the job. We could also start a major trade airport in each nation. These small airports would only serve the trading of our nations and would organize the process very much. We would also not have to worry about the pirates if we are flying over them. I know everything can not be traded via planes, but we should ship as much ad we can that way."

Mr. Brander takes a sip of his coffee and and looks at Carson, " you smoke Mr. President."
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:14 pm

"I did as a teenager, much to my father's disappointment. But the military kicked that habit. You may smoke if you wish, Mr. Chairman. It won't bother me." Carson pondered the idea of an international airport dedicated specifically to cargo. An inspired idea, and one he would begin sending out contracts for as soon as possible. The UCR had been under budget for a few years now, and could afford a project such as this.

"I think the idea for an airport is fantastic. And I have no problems with dividing the shipping lanes between our two navies. One thing that concerns me, however, is that middle ground. I know a few things about the behaviors of military officers, and they want to know exactly where their jurisdiction is. Do you foresee any problems between our two navies concerning this?"
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:03 pm

" I do not, I feel that my men as I am sure your men, will be able to complete their given orders and always act professional. I do not see this becoming a problem at all"
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:19 pm

"Very good." Carson leaned back in his chair and looked at the papers in front of him. "May I ask what the Amero Union's energy policies are?"
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:40 am

I would need a little more specification on what area you are most interested in but the AU uses mostly fossil fuels as well as coal. We try to stay away from nuclear energy and in the past few decades have started developing large wind farms as well as a large campaign on solar panal conversion.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:46 am

"I only ask because the UCR's access to oil is somewhat limited. We are currently looking into alternative sources of energy for our ships and aircraft. We've already made great breakthroughs in the area of rail technology and plan to build a bullet train in the next three years."
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum