Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying Rules

4 posters

Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty Roleplaying Rules

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:43 pm

While we are at this sort of thing we may as well start work on the general RP rules. These would be rules that cover all sorts of role play, whether nation related or not. I also want to give clear definitions of what a violation of the rule is. Such as:

God Moding is clearly prohibited: God Moding is a term used when someone does an action/actions that are impossible to defend against. It is also used when someone describes how the other person is affected by it, thus leaving the player unable to rp his/her own character.

For combat, it's being able to dodge everything and always hit your opponent. For other things, like using something that takes over someone's mind, it's saying that you take over their mind and do this or that to them without allowing them to figure out if they can defend against it.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Nation Name : Confederate State of Missouri

Flag of Confederate State of Missouri

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 34921689

General Assembly Representative
Name: John Danforth
Sex: Male

http://nationsoftheworld.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty Re: Roleplaying Rules

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:05 pm

I feel we should make two different rule sets. One for war. Another for Non-combat rp.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Nation Name : Central texas

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14961761

Name: Rick Perry
Sex: male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Carson Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Also, each RP should be subject to the thread creator. For instance, if he/she asks that all participants post a certain amount of sentences, then that is the rules for that particular thread.
Scott Carson
Scott Carson

Nation Name : The United Confederal Republics (UCR)

Roleplaying Rules The_free_and_true_republic_of_the_people__75966

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 22037073

Name: Gelar Baganu

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:44 pm

The exception should be war threads. Who should be the subject only to the overall rules. That means if you agree to war with a nuclear giant well..........let's just say.........you are going to lose.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:55 pm

But that is why you find a nuclear power and build a good relationship. One thing I feel we should make for the forum is a amount of time or length of time. For instance a day on the forum should be like a week in real time or something, That is just an example but I feel like we need something to represent time.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:59 pm

I rather we do this. Keep to real time. Yes it may slow things down but it makes it easier to understand the time of events. That was a bit of a problem in the CU. While we understood years. We never knew any smaller unit of time. So I say we go for real time. And if someone invents something in real time. First person to grab it get its. All previous inventions are based on where the inventor lived when he or she invented it. Example the the power of flight in north Carolina
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:44 pm

What I'm trying to achieve here are very basic rules for RP, they would of course end in something along the line of, "Individual game starters may have additional rules". There would of course be a separate set of rules governing combat specifics that would amend these, but still wouldn't want god moding going on in your combats would you? To give a further example of how basic I'm thinking I'll continue.

God Moding is prohibited: God Moding is a term used when someone does an action/actions that are impossible to defend against. It is also used when someone describes how the other person is affected by it, thus leaving the player unable to rp his/her own character.

For combat, it's being able to dodge everything and always hit your opponent. For other things, like using something that takes over someone's mind, it's saying that you take over their mind and do this or that to them without allowing them to figure out if they can defend against it.

Puppeteering is prohibited: Puppeteering is when one player describes the actions of another player's character, once again depriving that player of the opportunity to rp his/her own character.

An example would be:
Player A posts: Character A knocks at the door
Player B posts: Character B opens the door and Character A comes in the house and sits at the kitchen table.

Do we know Player A wanted his character to sit at the kitchen table, no, maybe he wanted to mug Player B's character but now he's sitting at the kitchen table.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Nation Name : Confederate State of Missouri

Flag of Confederate State of Missouri

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 34921689

Name: John Danforth

http://nationsoftheworld.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:50 pm

If may I suggest, how about two of us do a battle style long role play to show a good example for people. It could be between a nation and a rebel group or two gangs fighting over a small area or something.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down