Nations of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

+2
Central Texas
Chairman Brander
6 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 4 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:59 am

OOC: So for now, do we know what we are doing???
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Nation Name : The Amero Union

Long Live the Union

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 32595297

Back to top Go down

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 4 Empty Re: The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:01 am

OOC: Currently I think we are going for the UN plan I originally proposed. But until we reach 17 some nations nations the court's jobs will be in the defense council. With the GS running the government with help from the GA. And a president of the GA>
Central Texas
Central Texas

Nation Name : Central texas

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14961761

General Assembly Representative
Name: Rick Perry
Sex: male

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:13 am

OOC: I think that's the best way atleast until we get more nations. How big are we wanting this to get?
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Nation Name : The Kingdom of Galatians

The First Initial Meeting of The Nations of the World - Page 4 Cape_Verde

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 14992123

Name: Princess Diana Kensington
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:18 am

OOC: I have no problem inviting as many people as possible. As long as they are active.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:21 am

OCC: I agree
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:29 am

OOC: For the position of GA President, would they be allowed to vote on resolutions and approve of sanctions?
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:32 am

OOC: Yes. And on the sanctions that is the DC's job. The GA can just pass an advisement over to the DC. But they can vote. Since they are a member of the GA. Just elected to run procedures and create committee assignments if needed. Basically a speaker of the house if you will.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:32 am

OOC: The only ability the Amero Union wants to see the President or leader of this all this have over others is being able to talk first. I feel we should shy away from leaders or presidents.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:34 am

This out of character but I'm sorry, this is how I feel. You are about to create a tremendously bloated, over complicated, government. from here on out until it is reigned in just consider all my votes nay.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Nation Name : Confederate State of Missouri

Flag of Confederate State of Missouri

GP's ( Gold Pieces ) : 34921689

Name: John Danforth
Sex: Male

http://nationsoftheworld.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:37 am

OOC:Mr.Boose you have yet to provide your own kinda of government. And we did put in a transition period. And we are going to put in a procedure in which the GA immediately votes on replacements if someone vacates the position. And I believe we didn't set an passing arrangement. So I don;t think you being a nay stops things?
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:41 am

I mean come on people didn't anyone learn anything from the CU. When we just had a few positions and the legislature everything ran just fine. Then we decided we needed more positions so everyone could have a title and created that damn senate and everything went south. Think!
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:46 am

OOC: The problem is with having the GA run EVERYTHING is that eventually it will become so partisan nothing can be done. And the senate was plain stupid I agree. I made the DC because I felt the GA shouldn't make sanctioning due to tyranny by majority. And bear in mind. We Have yet to create commissions. So please explain how to fix this so called still existing problem.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chairman Brander Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:47 am

OOC: That is why I suggested we have a mayor of NYC, that person for that term will run the GA meetings which is all we need.
Chairman Brander
Chairman Brander

Long Live the Union

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:48 am

I have offered some suggestions but no one is listening. Why should we set up two governments. why not make just one. 3 person defense council. 3 judges. That's a position for everyone besides a legislature slot. And what is this commission bit about anyway? So then apparently you're going to set up two levels of government? Or divide everyone up into little voting blocks? And maybe my nay votes won't stop the thing but I will be heard.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brighton Kensington Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:49 am

Gentlemen I understand this can be frustrating but what we need to do is calmly hear each other out. Mr. Boose will you please present your full plan and then we can go from there. Agreed?
Brighton Kensington
Brighton Kensington

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:50 am

OOC: Those regional blocks I just made for caucusing and position elections. And then I feel a 5 person defense council will be a good compromise. 2 permanent and three temporary. And commissions are basically government departments under the General Sectary.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:55 am

I'm not disagreeing with the basic outline of things OK. The three organ system is fine by me. If you recall this is a lot like the alliance we had worked out back in the CU. What I'm trying to say is there isn't need to make the Defense Council and Court so big at first. Keep it smallish and practical in scope and you won't need an interim government that you will have to work out separately.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:59 am

OOC:In light of Boose being correct. How about this. The Defense council may be expanded at any time by the GA. So for now I suggest it be 5 members. 2 permanent and three temp. This includes shrinking it. But permanent members may not be removed. But may be added at consent of the other permanent members. And the court will be three people. Able to be expanded upon amendment to the charter.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:05 am

What is the point of caucuses if we are supposed to be representing independent nations? In the real world I don't really the the U.S. gives a hang about what Great Britain or the rest of the E.U. really think, and vice versa. Plus it just adds to the complexity of the government.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:08 am

OOC: Maybe caucus was the wrong word. But in the real world UN they separate nations into regional groups. For electing officers.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:09 am

If Del Sol actually starts posting that will give us 7 active members. I understand why you want 5, to keep a diversity of opinion on the defense council. But will it seem acceptable to have members on the defense council and in the judiciary both?
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:12 am

OOC: I would not be against it. Though I would want to make sure the charter clearly dictates the differences between them. Such as the powers of the permanent members. Would be void. Such as the veto.
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:17 am

The main reason I ask is that is was a bone of contention in the CU that the Judiciary got to vote in the legislature making it possibly biased in judicial revue.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Central Texas Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:20 am

OOC; I am confused right now. Let me ask this. In your question did you ask if the DC and the Court can be combined? Or if member can cross serve?
Central Texas
Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Post by David Boose Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:26 am

Cross over. OK we have seven members who have signed up to the forum right now (counting Del Sol who has yet to post). If you have a five member Defense Council and Three Member court that's eight slots to fill. Someone is going to have to be on both.
David Boose
David Boose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next